Comcast is supporting emergency relief funds and local organizations across New Mexico by committing more than $200,000 in relief funding to partners, including:
- $40,000 to the Emergency Action Fund organized by the Albuquerque Community Foundation and United Way of Central New Mexico. The fund is providing resources to nonprofit organizations in the greater Albuquerque area who are struggling with lost and non-recoverable revenue and/or increased or changed programming due to the crisis.
The Emergency Action Fund is a direct result of partners coming together for one common goal: to support our nonprofit community in a time of unprecedented and critically urgent need. We are proud to have seen the Fund grow quickly as a result of so many local businesses, community funders and individual donors who have joined us in this collaborative effort.”
– Randy Royster, President & CEO, Albuquerque Community Foundation and Rodney Prunty, President & CEO, United Way of Central New Mexico
- $10,000 to the All Together NM Fund hosted by the State of New Mexico and the New Mexico Coalition of Community Foundations. This fund works to address immediate needs in New Mexico Communities including procurement of food, medical, and cleaning supplies for at-risk communities, assistance for childcare workers who are supporting front-line employees, and grants to address income insecurity among smaller businesses and employees.
- Comcast is providing over $152,000 to more than a dozen long-term community partners who need support due to lost revenue, or have shifted their programming to serve people and small businesses, including The Food Depot, Albuquerque Economic Development, and The Barrett House Foundation.
Thank you for your generous help feeding hungry New Mexicans during this challenging time. We are grateful to count Comcast as a strong community ally.”
– Sherry Hooper, Executive Director, The Food Depot
In addition to our immediate response to organizations serving critical needs during this time, Comcast continues to invest in community organizations and existing Comcast Foundation grantees across the state. To learn more about Comcast’s comprehensive response to COVID-19, visit https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19