Entrepreneurism is important to help drive growth, innovation, and the economy. At Comcast we work to invest our resources to ensure New Mexico communities realize the transformative potential of media and technology to solve problems, improve lives and to create opportunity.
We welcomed all startups and companies in business less than five years and who received less than $1 million in previous funding to apply to be part of the Comcast Pitch Fest. Then, an expert team of professionals narrowed down the applications to the top five finalist who will compete for a $10,000 grand prize! The five finalists come from a wide range of industries, including:
- ABQ Brew – Promotes local craft breweries through a monthly subscription service.
- Blush & Whimsy – Innovative cosmetic line established to celebrate each individual while employing developmentally disabled staff members.
- Solstar Space – Providing commercial Internet/communications services to astronauts and machines in space.
- Teeniors – Tech-savvy teens and young adults who help senior citizens learn technology through one-on-one, personal coaching.
- Zhennovate LLC – A digital platform that provides transformative executive coaching for companies.
Pitch Fest will take place on September 11, with a three-person judge panel including Matt Geisel, Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Economic Development Department, Shawn Adamson, Regional Vice President, Comcast Business and Dhinuka Perera, SXSW Conference Programmer. We can’t wait to see who will take home the grand prize.
Bold ideas and entrepreneurship remain a core part of our DNA at Comcast. We’re proud to support the innovators, inventors and founders building businesses toward a better future in New Mexico.