The Xfinity 10G Network Brings New, Faster Speed Tiers
Comcast announced today internet speeds up to 1.2 Gbps (1,200 Mbps) are now available via the Xfinity 10G Network to nearly 20,000 homes and businesses in Deming, Portales, and Taos, New Mexico. These new speeds are available to new and existing customers.
With the launch of new, faster speeds, Comcast, the nation’s largest provider of Gigabit internet, will provide internet options ranging from 50 Mbps to 1.2 Gbps, together with video, mobile, voice, home security and management products, and other products and services geared to local businesses. In addition, Xfinity Internet customers who lease a gateway will have access to Comcast’s next-generation cyber protection, xFi Advanced Security, that automatically detects and blocks of cyber threats like malware, providing peace of mind to consumers and businesses.
Comcast is committed to connecting more people to what matters most to them,” said Chris Dunkeson, Area Vice President, Comcast. “We’re excited to bring additional internet options to consumers and businesses on our fast, reliable, secure network. Whether it’s for work, school, or entertainment, our fiber-rich, gigabit network is built to meet the needs of tomorrow – today.”
Comcast also is addressing digital equity in the communities we serve through Project UP, the company’s $1 billion dollar commitment to help tens of millions of people connect to the internet and build futures of unlimited possibilities. In the last three years, Comcast has invested more than $13.5 million in more than 75 nonprofit and community organizations across New Mexico.
Additionally, Comcast will continue to bring affordable, high-speed internet to low-income households through Internet Essentials. In over 10 years, the program has connected more than 10 million Americans, including 412,000 New Mexicans. Comcast also proudly participates in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides a subsidy of up to $30 per month –up to $75 per month in tribal areas—to pay for Internet service, covering the full cost of both Internet Essentials (50/10 Mbps) and Internet Essentials Plus (100/20 Mbps) for eligible households. Interested customers can visit Xfinity.com/ACP or call 1-800-Xfinity to learn more about this program and find out if they qualify.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: Comcast is the largest provider of Gigabit internet and about one third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest-growing providers of Ethernet services.