Comcast constantly monitors the performance of our network and its reliability in homes and businesses using real-time data. Reliability is paramount to what we do. As part of our continued network investment, Comcast is providing a redundant fiber line to serve the Gallup area to ensure more people can remain connected to what matters most.
In the same way a generator can help maintain power during a power outage, a redundant fiber line helps to maintain internet connectivity if there’s a natural disaster, an accident or something else that impacts the primary network lines. A redundant fiber line provides backup connectivity by creating an alternative path for network traffic. If one fiber line is damaged, services can continue through the redundant line, helping customers to continue using their internet services while the outage issues are resolved.
We work hard to keep our customers connected. It’s never been more important to maintain those connections, even when part of our network experiences an outage,” said Chris Dunkeson, Area Vice President for Comcast. “That’s why we’re investing in a redundant line in Gallup. As the world we live in becomes increasingly digital, we remain focused on not only bringing our broadband network to more homes and businesses in New Mexico but continuing to future-proof the Xfinity 10G Network to meet the ever-increasing needs for online education, business, and entertainment.”
In 2021, Comcast launched internet speeds faster than 1 Gigabit across the Gallup area. Customers in Gallup have access to Xfinity’s full suite of internet products, including the company’s Internet Essentials program that provides low-cost, high-speed broadband for income-constrained households. Since its inception in 2011, the program has connected more than 412,000 New Mexicans. Comcast also participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides qualifying households with a $30 monthly credit toward internet and mobile services. More than 9,000 homes and businesses have access to Comcast’s network in Gallup.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are planned to come to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company recently launched a new device that is “storm ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, cybersecurity, managed solutions and Comcast Business Mobile products designed specifically for their employee’s needs. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable and Internet provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading providers to larger organizations in the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services