Leadership, teamwork, service and ethics — at Comcast NBCUniversal, these are values that we strive to embody in our relationships with staff, customers and partners, and we are honored to share those values with the military men and women who have served our nation.
Because of our gratitude to our military community who have given so much to our country, we are proud to be one of America’s most military-friendly employers. In 2017, we officially surpassed our goal of hiring of 10,000 Veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses across our company. But we’re not done yet.
We are doubling down on our commitment to hiring current and former members of the military community. As a company, we aim to hire at least 21,000 members of the military community by 2021.
Meet Ken Collier a Comcast employee who has his fellow veterans’ backs as they make the transition to civilian life.
Hiring is just one of the many ways that we support those who have served. We also:
- Offer extra support, flexibility, and benefits, making it easier for our employees who are deployed and their families to balance their civilian and military commitments.
- Expanded Internet Essentials to include low-income veterans, making low-cost monthly internet service available to veterans that depend on internet service in their homes.
- Provide special service offers for our customers who have served.
- Identify and work with veteran-owned businesses as part of our supply chain.
- Partner with veteran-serving nonprofit organizations.
To learn more about our commitment to the military community, check out this story of David Swisher, a Senior Trainer and U.S. Marine Corps Veteran who will celebrate 16 years with Comcast in February.